Senior Firewall Engineer
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Hands on experience with one or more of the following Next-Gen firewalls: Barracuda, Juniper, Cisco, Check Point, Fortinet or Palo Alto.
- Extensive experience implementing and maintaining firewalls and staying updated on any released security vulnerabilities and how they affect the network.
- Extensive experience performing on-going optimization of the network security devices to ensure adequate capacity, availability, and scalability.
- Experience designing, implementing, troubleshooting, and documenting network security infrastructures and related systems.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in the Change Management process including creating new change requests, reviewing submitted change forms, peer reviewing submitted change requests, implementing firewall changes and peer reviewing firewall changes.
- Expertise in modifying firewall rule sets, changing policies, whitelisting, content filtering, and troubleshooting issues by studying network traffic flows, locking down applications, and troubleshooting firewalls, routers, and switches.
- In-depth knowledge of layer 4-7 app aware firewalls.
- Experience establishing and modifying site-to-site VPNs.
- Ability to manage threat protection, URL blocking, IOC feeds, routers, and switches.
- Experience performing monthly firewall health checks.
- Experience developing detailed build and test plans for implementing firewalls.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information security (or similar field) with a minimum of five (5) years cybersecurity experience desired or a minimum of seven (7) years cybersecurity experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of Information Security Firewall Architecture experience.
- Extensive knowledge of data security practices and systems; NIST, ISO, etc.
- Ability to interact with customers, vendors, and project managers on a regular basis to support implementations, change management and troubleshooting.
- Experience working in a leading ticketing system and prioritizing workflow based on criticality and urgency.
- Excellent communications and teamwork skills.
- Excellent time management skills
This is an onsite position in Franklin, TN.
Travel is not required.
The selected candidate will be required to pass an in-depth background check, credit check, and drug screen as a condition of employment.