ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead and manage a 24x7x365 Security Operations Center providing technical oversight.
- Lead staff to proactively identify, prevent and respond to security incidents.
- Ensure incident identification, assessment, quantification, reporting, communication, mitigation and monitoring.
- Ensure compliance to Service Level Agreements (SLA), process adherence and process improvisation to achieve operational objectives and mitigate threats.
- Revise and develop processes (SOP’s and runbooks) to strengthen the current operational activities; review policies and recommend changes to improve governance.
- Responsible for team management, personnel scheduling, overall use of resources and initiation of corrective action where required for Security Operations Center.
- Perform threat management, threat modeling, identify threat vectors and develop use cases for security monitoring.
- Creation of reports, dashboards, metrics for SOC operations and presentation to leadership and clients.
- Co-ordinate with stakeholders to build and maintain positive working relationship.
- Bachelor of Science from accredited institution.
- Strong knowledge of the ITIL framework, specifically incident management, problem management and change management best practices.
- Superior communication skills and ability to brief executives.
- 3+ years of Information Security / Cybersecurity experience.
- 2+ years working in a security or network operations center.
- 2+ years in a leadership role.
- Experience with networking and telecommunications integration, design and architecture.
- Hold at least one relevant industry certifications (GCIH, GCED, CISSP, CISA, CISM, etc.)
- Understanding of email tools such as Microsoft, Mimecast Proofpoint, etc.
- Understanding of firewalls such as Palo Alto, Cisco, Fortinet, etc.
- Understanding of SIEM tools such as Splunk, QRadar, LogRhythm, Elastic, etc.
- Experience building and maintaining a high-performance team of analysts.
- Expertise with industry standard frameworks (ISO, NIST, PCI).
- Experience maintaining metrics and SLAs.
- All candidates will be required to take an extensive background screen, credit screen, and drug screen prior to employment.
- As this is an on-site position in the 5iron SOC in Franklin, TN (Relocation support available for ideal candidates)